Jasmine rice LOTUS
The Lotus rice owes its taste to its land of origin. It is harvest in the North-East of Thailand, this guaranties the Hom Mali’s best quality. The Lotus Rice has been elected world’s best jasmine rice during the International Conference of Rice in 2010.
Origin : Thailand
Packaging : 1, 5, 10 and 25kg
Corn and corn semolina
Hominy corn : broken corn. Packaging : 1 and 25kg
Haïti corn : broken corn in small pieces. Packaging : 1,5 and 25kg
Corn flour : can be mixed with traditional flours for the preparation of breads, cakes, etc. It can also be used to thicken sauces and creams and as a thickening in soups. Used alone, it will make corn galette (tortillas, millas, etc.). Yellow or White. Packaging : 1 and 25kg
Corn Semolina : obtained by degermed milling corn. It can be yellow or white depending on the variety of corn. It is used for polenta and many other preparations. Packaging : 1 and 25kg.
Broken jasmine rice PERLE D’ASIE from Cambodia
The broken rice is a fragment of calibrated rice. It is obtained during the rice’s milling. Depending on its size, it is broken one, two or three times. We rigorously choose our broken rice in order to ensure a homogeneous product.
Each size of broken rice allows different use and recipe.
- Broken jasmine rice extra super (broken one time)
- Broken rice super N°1 (broken two times)
Packaging: 5 and 20kg.
- Cargo rice : also called brown rice, cargo rice is a husked and beige rice, obtained from the paddy rice after taking out its external envelop. Packaging 1 and 25kg.
- Paddy rice : rice as we harvest it, unhusked from its envelop. Usually, 1 kg of paddy rice makes 750 g of cargo rice and 600 g of white rice. It can’t be eaten as it is, except by some animals. Packaging : 25kg.
- Red Rice : cultivated in Camargue, Italy and Thailand. This variety of rice is naturally red. It can be commercialized either alone or in a mix. Packaging: 1 and 25kg.
- Wild Rice USA : grass with black and lengthened grains. It belongs to the Zizania species, improperly called rice. It comes from the Great Lakes region in North America. It is usually mixed with other rice. Its cooking time is 20 minutes. Packaging : 1, 5 and 25kg.
- Black rice : also called “forbidden rice” since it was dedicated to the Emperor of China. Its use were forbidden to his subjects. Its cooking time is 20 – 25 minutes. Packaging: 1 and 25kg.
- Wheat semolina LEGUMOR : our high quality semolina from a strict selection of wheat. Packaging: 1, 5 and 25kg.
- Barley semolina LEGUMOR : widely consumed in North Africa, barley semolina is a substitute to corn semolina and can be used to prepare couscous. Packaging: 1, 5 and 25kg.
- BASMATI Rice TILDA : Called the “Prince of Rice”, this pure Basmati rice comes from the foothills of the Himalaya where grains are selected by Tilda’s experts for their purity. The Basmati, with its soft texture, its aroma and its exquisite savory, harmoniously goes along with all your meals. Packaging : 1, 2, 5 and 20kg
- JASMINE rice TILDA : Naturally perfumed and known as “Thaï Jasmine”, its cooking requires less water and is faster than other rice. Packaging : 1, 5 and 10kg
- BROKEN Basmati rice TILDA : Tilda Broken Basmati Rice is particularly appreciated by South Indian consumers. They are widely used for culinary preparations such as Idli or Dosai. Packaging: 20kg
Bulgur and other wheats
- Bulgur : It means cracked wheat. Thin, it is mostly used for traditional recipes such as tabbouleh or the Lebanese “kebbe”. Thick bulgur is used as a side meal. Its shelf life is long lasting. Packaging : 1, 5 and 25kg.
- Corn gruel “Dzedzaz” : is a grain which have been unshelled. Very soft, its after cooking texture reminds of risotto’s, slightly creamy. Packaging : 1 and 25kg.
- Whole grain “Hadig” : the grain’s exterior envelop is removed which gives it a firm texture and slight savor of hazelnut. The preparation is the same as the rice. Packaging : 1kg.
- Round rice : Round rice is a tender rice which, with its generous taste and melting texture, is perfect for deserts. Packaging: 1, 5 and 25 kg.
- Sushi rice Japonica : Sushi rice Japonica is a tender rice which, once cooked, sticks in order to be eaten with chopsticks. It allows you to prepare authentic sushis and makis in the pure Japanese tradition. Packaging: 1 and 10kg.
- Arborio’s rice for Risotto : Arborio rice is Italian. It is cultivated in the lands of Pô, in Lombardy. Its characteristics are to stay firm during the cooking and to absorb the flavor of foods it is cooked with. This makes it an essential ingredient in the preparation of Risotto and paella. Packaging: 1kg.
- Indica white rice : The Indica white rice is cultivated in the whole world. It responds to any consumers’ expectations. Packaging: 5 and 20kg.
- Surinam rice : Surinam rice owes its fame to the length and thinness of its grain. Imported from South America, it is appreciated by experts. Packaging: 1, 5 and 25kg.